A Proven Formula For Boosting Business
Benefits of Membership
OCBA members enjoy more than lively networking, informative meetings and solid friendships. They do business—and lots of it. Last year, more than 3,000 referrals and pieces of business were exchanged between members, most resulting in purchases.
In addition, OCBA’s marketing committee actively promotes the club and its members through:
- The Best in Business magazine, distributed several times a year to 5,000 members of the community. Click here to view magazine archive.
- A powerful Web presence that’s promoted on other relevant sites and in all marketing materials.
- Ongoing publicity effort promoting special guests, OCBA election results, Member of the Year, etc.
To qualify for membership, applicants must:
- Represent a category not yet occupied by a current member; click here to view current membership list.
- Derive 75% of their revenue from business in that classification.
- Be in business for at least one year.
- Have the authority to commit to business.
If accepted, members must agree to:
- Take the Code of Ethics pledge.
- Attend meetings regularly (50% is a minimum requirement).
- Purchase products and/or services from OCBA members whenever feasible.
- Recommend the products and services of OCBA members to colleagues, friends and others.
- Help other members in an advisory capacity if and when the need arises.
- Sponsor for membership other competent executives for unfilled categories.
How An Application Proceeds
- An application is submitted to the membership chair with a $150.00 application fee (refundable if application is denied).
- Application is “called” at two OCBA meetings, in which members are invited to comment on the applicant.
- Applicant will be processed through a background check by an outside vendor. The vendor will notify the OCBA Membership Chairperson regarding whether the applicant meets our membership criteria or not.
- The membership committee interviews applicant.
- Application is referred to the Board of Trustees for a final vote; their decision is final.
- Applicant is notified by mail as to the decision made.
- If accepted, applicant attends an orientation meeting, after which membership officially commences.
- Member pays apportioned dues as determined by the treasurer.
Interested In Joining The OCBA?
Click here to get in touch with our membership representative, or download a membership application immediately. To view which categories are currently taken, check out our membership roster. Don’t delay. Once your category is filled, you will no longer be eligible for membership. If you do not see a category for your business, get in touch with our membership representative to see about adding it! For more information, call 1-866-606-OCBA.